Thursday, July 10, 2008

I think yesterday was one of the most amazing days I have had here. We went to Kosovo as a team with our bosses for a day trip. It was awesome to be in the newest country in the world! It was extremely eye-opening and sobering to see the aftermath of the 1998 genocide of the Albanian people there. We saw one of many mass graves. I told my bosses that things like genocides are unfathomable, they aren't supposed to happen in my lifetime, it should be a thing of the past. It is crazy to know that the same thing is happening as I write this and you are reading this, in the Sudan. It is something that we should all intercede for. It was upsetting to know that almost every one we saw in the city had family members raped, mutilated, and then murdered during the genocide. Unfortunately, the Kosovo genocide reached almost every family.
We did have a good Mexican lunch in the capital city. It was by no means Aztecas, but when you haven't eaten it in 7 weeks, you forget a little what Aztecas tastes like! Oh and no queso dip either! :(
We are not holding English classes anymore, but have no fear, we are not sitting around twiddling our thumbs! Most days we meet several friends and have coffee or visit them at home. Tuesday we met with 7 friends in one day at three different places and times! We were worn out Tuesday night! Please begin interceding that our conversations will begin turning towards Him and that we will have chances to share with our friends. Things are looking good and we are excited about the next few weeks! Don't forget about us! I can't wait to show y'all pictures and hopefully share celebration stories!