Well our 5th of July picnic was very successful! When we arrived we saw stacks and stacks of Wonder Bread hamburger and hot dog buns, which was super exciting! We were disappointed to find that the rumors of Dr. Pepper and Root Beer was nothing more than a rumor. :( Everyone we talked to was disappointed, they said that in the past there was a limited supply of Dr. Pepper at the picnic. It was a very fun, relaxing evening. It was from 4 to 8 because of hot temperatures. There is no way that we could have done it any earlier in the day. It was nice to be surrounded by people speaking English! Most of the people there were American Embassy employees and their families. The neatest part had to be when the Marines presented the colors. They came from the base that is located in a neighboring country. It is one of the biggest bases in Europe. There were several members of the Marines and Army that were there. The craziest thing was the military from the country we are in protected the area where we were all evening. They were posted like every 100 feet around the perimeters of the park. It made us feel safe to have military from two countries there! The girls had fun, several of their friends were there and there was water balloons! The deal was they could get the front of their clothes wet, being that they had to sit in somebody's lap on the way home in a taxi.
I was glad to hear from my Daddy tonight about the GRACE trip. Congratulations to all of those who began relationships with our Father! That is so exciting for all of you! I can't think of a better place for that to happen than Guatemala. PTL!
*I got an e-mail about one of the pictures I posted. I put a picture up of me and two other girls spelling a word and I was told it was questionable what we were spelling. Alright Mrs. Diane here it is...bus! :)