Well our plans ended up changing a little bit since I last blogged. When Melissa and I got to the school Wednesday we soon found out that by proctoring exams, they meant sitting in the classrooms and watching the students test. So we decided to change things up for today and tomorrow morning. Today we worked in the kitchen here on the DIGUNA compound. We helped make chapati for supper. Chapati is a traditional Kenyan bread, it is a little like a thick flour tortilla. The dough is oil, water, and flour. You mix it and section it off into balls then come back later and roll it out in to a circle to be fried. After rolling out several, the chef told us that we passed and that our chapatis were perfect. Later at dinner at the Tayloe's house, some missionaries told us that rolling out chapatis is an old Kenyan test to see if you are ready for marriage! Melissa and I had no idea when we went to the kitchen this morning that we would be tested to see if were ready for marriage...at least we passed the test!
Tomorrow morning we are going to the elephant orphanage. I am not sure what this excursion consists of yet, but I will be excited to tell you I am sure. Maybe I can even get the internet to cooperate long enough to get one picture to upload to the blog! Tomorrow afternoon we are going back to the slum to lead the girls' Bible study. We are very excited about getting the chance to lead this study. We are praying that the girls will be open to conversation and to hear what the Lord gives us.
I don't know how many of you are praying for me but I can honestly tell you that it is being felt. The Lord is revealing things to me that I didn't think He would reveal so soon. Things about my future and the ministry that I need to be involved in. I am so grateful that He has given me such a peace and excitement about the upcoming year as I finish grad school. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment