In just a few hours we will be heading to the airport to leave this beautiful country. I know I keep saying this, but God has been so good throughout this whole trip. It has been amazing to see again that our God is a God who loves making our dreams come true so that we can turn around and give Him the glory! I am delighted to worship Him! When you come to a place like Kenya and look into the eyes of a child with AIDS only to see that they shine for our Father how can you help but to believe that He is everything He says He is? If any of you are questioning His existence I can tell you where to go to help you make your final decision!
Going back to the book that I told you about Saturday, I want to give you one more quote. A quote from Genessa Wells who died on the mission field not long after graduating college, in a bus accident in Egypt. Some people questioned her decision to go on the mission field as a young and single woman. To those people she said, "I could give up and get married and become a music teacher. All of this is very noble and to be quite honest, sounds good to me! But in my heart, I want to change my world-more than I want a husband and more than I want comfort. I need...to tell others about Jesus." That is the attitude that I want to have. That is the attitude that we should all have. I can't even begin to fathom how different our world would be if we all lived with that attitude. Can you imagine? No poverty? No children dying from starvation? Clean water being more than a privilege? No more spreading of HIV/AIDS?
As I am leaving, I want to once again thank you. For your prayers and your support. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who tell me to go. I love you and appreciate you more than you will ever know!
No comments:
Post a Comment