We got to see two new ministries today. We went to a piece of land that an orphanage owns for the purpose of farming and raising chickens. They have 10 acres of corn and a chicken coop that has the capability of holding 2,000 chickens! Right now they only have 250 and are already making money off of the eggs. On this trip, I have realized the importance of having a ministry that can support itself food wise. Most of the homes have gardens and at the least have cows for the milk. After we delivered 19 crates of eggs to two restaurants, we went to a school and feeding center in a slum. It was the most incredible ministry. They have 325 students from Pre-K3 to 2nd grade. Lots of little ones! Each class has around 40 students! They walk the students to the school every morning, shower the students, put their uniforms on, feed them breakfast and then start school. They also feed them a good lunch. They are adding a grade every year. This is of course an amazing opportunity for all of the students. It gets them out of the slum six days a week, they also have programs on Saturdays.
I can't believe we only have seven full days left in Kenya. Time has flown by! The Lord has done so much while I have been here. I want to share a Bible verse that my Momma wrote in a card she sent with me because it is so true. Oh and thanks to all of you who sent me cards. They are always a huge encouragement! Some of you have sent cards on almost every mission trip I have ever been on and I appreciate it more than you will ever know!
For you have been my hope, O sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth!
Psalm 71:5
No comments:
Post a Comment