Well many of you asked for this so here it is! For those of you who don't know, I am in Guatemala for the summer working with GRACE Ministries. GRACE is the ministry that was started by my home church, Friendship Baptist. Myself and four other young adults will be living at the GRACE mission house this summer helping Ms. Louise. Ms. Louise has made the mission house her home and is a great help to GRACE. The five of us, Soy and Deidra Taylor, Pam and Brandon Baker, and myself, will be helping Ms. Louise this summer around the house. We are packed this summer with teams! Every Thursday one team leaves and another arrives. In a not so fancy description, we will be cleaning toilets and changing sheets! We have been together as a team since Tuesday and all is well. Keeping the mission house clean is a big task. Just think about it, 40 people living together in one house, not to mention that 20 of those are boys! Yikes...messes happen fast! Thursday is our big day being that every surface has to be deep cleaned and all of the beds have to be stripped and remade. Last Thursday was our first attempt to complete our mission, we were succesful finishing two hours earlier than planned. It would appear to most that we are some kind of super hero cleaners!
Tomorrow is Brandon, Pam, and my day off. We are going out with the team to do medical missions in a nearby village. I am excited because this will be the first time for me to participate in any kind of medical missions. My daddy asked me tonight what I would do in a medical clinic, he then went on to suggest that maybe I could take peoples' temperature!
This summer will be very different from last summer. I am sure most of you remember the coded blogs and secrecy. Guatemala is very different from the Balkans, no need to hide anything here. I am going to open the comment box. I couldn't have it open last year and several of you mentioned that you wished that you could have left comments.
I can't wait to tell you all of the things that God is going to do this summer. He is so faithful to show up and stir the hearts of His people. I covet all of your prayers and appreciate your support more than you will ever know. I can't imagine having a better group of people to have as a support system.