Friday, June 27, 2008

This is indeed her third run on my blog, but I don't think anybody is tired of seeing her cute face! She cried when her sisters went to leave home for class tonight, she wanted to come with them...smart girl! It was party night and she was more than happy to take home what was left of the Shokata.
The advanced English teachers with their American food feast. Brownies and chips and dip!
This is a group picture of both classes, minus two students. As you can see, we were heavy on the girls this week and we had SO much fun with them!
The advanced class plus an extra. No one minded her being there, she was so good. She just colored the entire two hours.
This is one of the really cool paddle boats we rented, yes that is a slide off the back! (Uncle Chris and Aunt Patty, you should check into these! Unfortunately, I don't think they sell them in Missouri!) Our fun loving 10 year old neighbor/friend/student has the appropriate colored red hair! As you can see she has quite a fiery personality!
Our brave train riding group. I don't know what the red-head is doing, we never know what is going to come out of her mouth! Here's a funny story for you about her. The day we rode the train she decided she was going to be "The little English girl". She declared she would only speak English for the day! She does speak it VERY well. We went into a souvenir shop to look at t-shirts and I needed her help translating. I asked her to ask the cashier how much a t-shirt was, she looked at the cashier and said in her best English "How much is this?" and walked away!! I just looked at her and laughed! I had to get her sister to help translate because she refused saying "I told you, I only speak English!"
We were the only ones smart enough to get these fresh, chocolate pastries for breakfast. Everyone else was quick to taste them though! :) If only I could bring a dozen of these home!
The amazing country side on a foggy morning. Once again no desert Mrs. Diane, sorry! Although it looks nothing like this in the capital city where we live.
Trying to make sure we took pictures of everything we did that day! This is us, minus one, riding in our box seat (there were 2 rows of seats facing each other in each box). I don't know if you have noticed yet, but I have quickly become European in my make-up wearing! Most women wear little, if any, make-up over here, so I have decided to join them in the past couple weeks. I don't think I'll ever go back to being a steady make-up wearer again!
Katie teaching about giving directions on a homeade poster. We gave them two locations on the map and they had to give the directions on how to get from one place to another.
Our rule that we constantly have to remind our classes of the first week. By the second week we rarely have to remind them, probably has nothing to do with the fact that chocolate is involved! Mr. Wilson and Dr. Hornsby know how well I can bribe a class! Haha!