Saturday, June 19, 2010

New places, faces, and animals...

For those of you who haven't heard, I am in Kenya for a month this summer. A teacher friend and myself are going to be staying with Bob and Ann Tayloe at DIGUNA (a mission association and living compound) outside of Nairobi. We will be working with several different ministries while we are here.
Melissa and I finally arrived in Kenya at 6:00 this morning...we may still be dragging a bit but we are here! After a quick Visa purchase and luggage pick-up, Mr. Bob and Mrs. Ann Tayloe got us to the car to head to breakfast. We weren't even off the airport property when we spotted a family of giraffes on a wild life conservation that connects to the airport! Maybe Africa is like the movies! After a westernized breakfast...taking it easy guys. We headed to DIGUNA where the Tayloe's live. Once we turned on the last road we spotted baboons sitting on fence posts and a wart hog. The Tayloe's also have monkeys that frequent trees in their front yard, which we met not too long after we got settled.
My first adventure begins Monday when I will take a four hour bus/van ride to an orphanage that only takes children with HIV/AIDS. Nobody panic, I will be escorted! I will be there until Friday or Saturday. I have a feeling that this is going to be the high-light of my trip!
I don't know how often I will be able to blog because of unreliable internet, but I will try to do my best to blog often. Please be in prayer with me that the Lord would use me!
Thanks for all you do!

No comments: