Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

First off, Happy Father's Day to my Daddy! We went to Parklands Baptist Church this morning. It was really neat to worship with them. They sang songs in Swahili and English, the sermon was in English. After church we went to a tea plantation, where I became a certified teaologist...at least I think so anyways! We also got to take a small hike through an indigenous forrest. Upon entering the covered and very think forrest our tour guide promised there were no snakes in the forrest! I took him at his word and followed the group in. I later figured out how he made such a confident promise. He showed us at the end that his walking stick had a hidden knife in the lower portion of the stick! I was glad to know he could have done something if a cobra would have come out!
Tomorrow morning at 8:00 am my journey begins to Ngechek to the AIDS orphanage. My escort and myself will meet my ride, who is also the director of the orphanage, at 3:00 pm. It is going to be a long morning/afternoon! I will be at the orphanage until Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Can anybody say flexibility!? I doubt that I will get a chance to blog this week. I can't wait to tell you what God does!

Alright, I am going to give you a small education about Kenya...get ready!
1. There are NO tigers in Kenya!
2. Kenya is the leading tea producing country.
3. Vehicles must yield to wart hogs.
4. Hakuna Mutata is a real Swahili phrase...it means no worries!
5. Gas costs about $4.50 a gallon. That means no more complaining for what you pay!

I am sure there will be more educating to come as the next three weeks go by! Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: