Thursday, July 9, 2009






Yesterday, I was given the chance to visit an orphanage for children with special needs. I think that if everyone could meet the lady who founded and continues to run Los Gozosos, the world would be a better place! Ms. Maureen is from West Virginia and started Los Gozosos as an act of faith. The monthly budget, for 12 children, is $6,500! That is the minimal budget, nothing more than what is necessary. Los Gozosos even has a school on the property for the children to attend. It was incredible to meet Ms. Maureen and hear stories about how the Lord has provided. Last month she recieved $1,000 in support, you do the math. She told us that several months ago they couldn't pay the electric bill so the electric complany came and cut the cords...the lights still came on!! Talk about how faithful the Lord is that we serve! Not long after meeting Ms. Maureen, I noticed that her tennis shoes were completely worn out, you could see her socks in many places. I thought to myself what an amazing example of love. She hasn't been home to see her mom in two years! She won't spend money on herself until her chlidren are taken care of. People like her always remind me of what my priorities should be like in life!
The web-site is:http://www.webwizardry.net/~losgozosos/Los%20Gozosos/Welcome.html

No comments: